Skip to Main Content Skip to Footer
(863) 293-0850

Pet Health Certificates

Necessary for traveling across state lines.

Pet health certificates are required for puppies and kittens traveling domestically within the United States. We’re happy to assist you with your puppy/kitten's health certificate for travel domestically, but the associated paperwork can take several weeks to process. 

Start planning at least two months in advance for domestic travel. If rabies titers are required, i.e. Hawaii, etc, it is likely that you may need more time for planning and testing. Please check the requirements

What do I need to do to make travel plans for my puppy or kitten?

If you’re traveling by car, you should carry your pet's vaccine history, their most current rabies certificate, and a veterinarian issued pet health certificate that includes information about their most recent wellness exam.

If you’re planning to fly, research the specific airline you plan to use. Some airlines have their own requirements while others defer to those issued by the destination state.

Important questions to ask your airline might include:

  • What are your pet travel policies?
  • Do you offer fleet cargo space for large pets? Will this affect which flights I can book?
  • Are small pets allowed in the cabin area?
  • Do you have specific pet carrier requirements?
  • What are your pick-up and drop-off policies for pets?
  • How do you handle layovers when there are pets on board? 

*Our veterinarians can provide health certificates for puppies and kittens traveling between states.

When you schedule your appointment, please let us know where and when you’re planning to travel, so we can properly address your needs. 

Interested in additional information? Check out this USDA resource.

Call us at (863) 293-0850 or request an appointment online for your puppy or kitten's health certificate.

Pet Health Certificates in $city